24.9.10

Linkfest - TV

Happy Holidays to those of you who know what I'm talking about.  For the rest of us, I've got some time off work.  Today I filled it with running and some other seemingly productive activities.  But yesterday I filled my time with television.  Here's what's been going on:
  • In connection with the Take Our Jobs campaign, the United Farm Workers got the coveted Colbert Bump When Stephen Colbert testified before congress about migrant workers and immigration.  It starts going off the rails a bit in the beginning, but hang on because he get's the cars back on the track at the end.
  • Jimmy Carter on the Daily Show talking about lots of interesting things.  I get the impression that President Carter is fairly quiet and totally brilliant.
  • Former President Clinton also came by the Daily Show for an 'extended' interview.  Part 1 and Part 2 were broadcast, Part 3 and Part 4 are only available on the web.
  • Possibly the biggest surprise and my favorite interview of all was when Jon Stewart talke with King Abdullah II of Jordan, also with a web only Part 2.  Because of where I work, I express no public opinion on most of the things talked about in this interview. Ever.  I didn't realize until I looked later that almost all of the King's education has been in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment