25.8.10

Long Run Wednesday: Food Please!

This morning, I ran 15 miles in the blissfully cool late summer air. The run itself was fairly not noteworthy. I played with my pace a little and learned some more about, um, digestion management. I'm also getting much better at hydration (yes, I did have to fill up my water bottles) which has been positive.

When I got back I had a leisurely ice bath. I had a minor freakout when I realized it takes, oh, 10 seconds to wash my hair now. How did I ever run with long hair? Then I made coffee, picked up contacts at the doctor's office (they managed to screw up the order by not calling me back like I asked), and headed in to work.

Keep in mind that at this point, I've run 15 miles and while I did a good job of nutrition on the run, there's been no actual food.

So, I showed up at work and endured experienced the looks, comments, touches, etc. over the new hair. Then I went to check messages. Message number 3 of 8 (or so) tells me basically I have to put someone in a nursing home TODAY. Talked to my boss, called this person back and made an appointment for 1200 to speak in person. (Mercifully messages 4-8 had basically that same information.)

Somewhere in there I managed to heat up oatmeal but I still hadn't actually eaten any of it. By this time, I'm late for my 11am appointment who is sitting waiting for me at my office. (Wow, that oatmeal looks good.)

After my 1100, I inhaled the oatmeal and headed off to see the person who called. Which lead to us all driving to a second location to talk to even more people. Which lead to me not having time to eat lunch. Luckily, I had yogurt and granola in the office. (It's not the same as Chipotle.)

I had about enough time to inhale the yogurt before I had to leave for my 3pm appointment.

Which I got back from just in time to lead Team:Work on a training run. (Week 2 of the couch potato plan.) Yes, I sure did just run 15 miles today. And then only eat oatmeal and yogurt.

After the run, I called my teenager and she agreed (ha!) to have Chinese with me for dinner. (I totally have the calories.) Not it's slightly before 9pm and I'm about to fall asleep where I sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment