1.8.10

I am a fish!

As previously mentioned, my leg is bothering me. (I can't remember if it started Thursday or if it was going on before then but just came to a head after running on uneven terrain for several miles.) Sadly, I need to exercise if I have any hope of continuing to loose weight. (Over 15lbs so far!) I rested Friday and Saturday. On Friday I woke up and felt pain while I was just lying there. Saturday, I experienced some pain while I was up walking around and cleaning. I'm right hipped by the way. (Who knew?) Today, I'm up walking around and feeling fine so I'm taking this as a good sign.

To keep working out, I went for a swim. And had a blast. It's been several hours and I'm not sore yet. No one is more surprised than I am. I'm thinking about swimming some more this week. My Y actually has a nice 'class' three times a week, Masters, which is really just a whole bunch of adults swimming laps. I did it a while ago and had a lot of fun. It's one of the only winter activities at the Y that I can actually handle.

Wednesday I'm teaching a few ladies I work with to run. Our goal is to run a 5k in December. I have no idea what to expect but I'm assuming I'll be using the couch potato program that I used all those years ago to learn to run. Looking at this reminds me that I need to buy a stopwatch. (Sounds like a trip to the dollar store to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment