11.7.10

Sitting in my happy place

I'm on my couch. I have a beer in one hand and and a water bottle in the other.

I woke up early this morning to celebrate Beth's birthday (a day late) with a run around my happy place. (I don't know if Beth has a happy running place.) I got sick on the run (shock of shocks). After run number one, I watched the Tour de France. Sadly, Lance was in three separate crashes this stage so he's basically never going to catch up to Alberto Contador. I will now start rooting for Levi Leipheimer and Andy Schleck (who is a freaking bean pole).

I had some more of my oatmeal (turns out it is possible to re-heat it) and started thinking I should cook some oatmeal to have cold during Ragnar. I have no idea if cold oatmeal is a good idea or not. I feel like chocolate chips will only help the dish and mashed bananas would be unacceptable.

After fueling up, I went to the gym and finished my miles on the elliptical. I tried on some brown running shorts (that will be backup shorts for my costume for the relay) and was thrilled with how well they fit. When I got home from the gym, completely sweaty and gross from two runs, I ran into the chef. He was heading out for a bike ride. We talked for a minute and then I went in and he went on. To celebrate being home I made lunch, had a beer, and watched world cup. In retrospect, a beer was probably the wrong choice for hydration but hindsight is 20/20.

Now I am sitting here contemplating weight loss (and many other things) over a beer. I think I'll look for another pair of these shorts. I'll be much more attractive to everyone on my relay team that way (and since I'll be more attractive, they'll all like me better). Now I'm contemplating who on my Facebook page actually has permission to the the blog posts that copy themselves there.

No comments:

Post a Comment