5.5.10

if Murphy and his laws ran your day, here's what it would be like...

Actually, my whole day wasn't run by Murphy, just the last hour or so...

I woke up around 7am and promptly went back to sleep until 8:15am (a much more civilized time).

I arrived at work around 9am and found that none of the computers that run Windows 7 had internet connectivity. We could connect to our office server, just not the internet or retrieve email. (Did you know that my case management software is web-based?) The guy was supposed to come at 1pm to fix it; I left at 3pm and he still wasn't there. Thanks guys. The greater irony is I discovered the problem as the IT guy left the building (literally). He'd been there last night and this morning fixing a network issue that was impacting the XP computers. (Those all worked fine today.)

I packed Amanda's awesome Kale and Bacon dish for lunch. (I used sausage.) I also packed roasted beets. The beets made me feel nauseous for some reason so I gave up on lunch fairly quickly.

After I left the office my teenager came over and declared "you eat weird food Liz" when I told her the snack options. (She's not wrong.) In my defense, I was gone over the weekend and I don't get paid 'till Friday so I'm holding off on the grocery shopping. She typed up something for school and then spent a long time on Myspace. I'm not troubled by the amount of time she spent, just that she's friends with someone named "sexy b!tch" (yeah, it's spelled the real way too) and similar names. Even though I'm troubled, I'm not quite sure what to do about it. She promptly left her folder and notebook at my house but she has all the work she's typed.

Then, the real fun began.

My half marathon clothes were beyond gross at this point so I decided to do some laundry. (Hey, there's a thought.) I came to put the clothes in the dryer. All 6 machines gave my laundry card and error message. Fail! I went to look for my phone to call Steve to borrow his card. Why can I not find my phone? I went to another building to see if their dryers were less fussy. Six error messages later I decided I need a new laundry card. Then I walked to Steve's apartment and told him my sad story. He came over and called my phone (there it is!) and then lent me his card so I could do my laundry. WIN!

Now I'm thinking about all the money that's still on my card. Hmmm, there must be a way to get that back...

No comments:

Post a Comment