25.4.10

How far can I run in the rain?

It was good that I prepared myself last night that I was going to run this morning, even if it rained.

I went for my long run. And it did rain. The trees all have leaves on them thanks to a super early spring so I had reasonable protection from the rain most of the way. All of Minnehaha Parkway is blooming. The apple blossoms and lilacs are wonderful.

After the run I came home and shivered for a while tried to warm up. Then I went to Maria's with Amanda and my Pooky Bear. Corn pancakes. Mmmm.

Kelly took me home and helped use fabric paint to, um, personalize running shirts for Deb and I for next weekend. I did not put the phrase FLYING PIG VIRGIN on the back of the shirts. I was sorely tempted. (Please keep in mind, a similar phrase was actually requested by my running partner.) Kelly helped me cut everything out and then showed me how to apply the freezer paper and paint it. I've still got the backs of both shirts to paint. I'm planning on finishing it tonight. I'll show pictures after the race.

I also got my completely finished pajamas from Kelly. Just in time because I'm coming to grips with the fact that I'm really too tired to move or do laundry tonight.

I don't have a taper plan in mind for the rest of the week. (Perhaps I should?) Usually I take the day off after the long run of the week but I may try to do the rowing machine before work tomorrow. Tuesday I may be able to sneak in one last run around the lake (and go see those apple blossoms one more time before I leave) and Wednesday, who knows what will happen. Wednesday I have five appointments so it'll be crazy busy. We'll see how i feel about running Thursday morning. I could go for a quick outing with the St Paul runners before I leave town. (I could not run and sleep in before I leave town too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment