3.3.10

Marathon training and not eating out

I did my long run yesterday, seven miles this week. (It's hilarious to think there's a week coming where that will be the short run of the week.) I did not have my Chipotle yesterday which means I have two Chipotle deferrals to use during my month of not eating out. (The first time I did this I remember about the second I decided to not eat out someone brought Chipotle takeout to wherever I was and I've been funny about it ever since.)

Today I did not run. I did go to the gym and do weights and the rowing machine. I'm trying to do a weights workout at least one day a week. That's something I didn't do last year and I think it'll make a nice addition to the training. Last year I also dreamed that I'd actually run five days a week and this year I recognize that the mileage can stay the same and be done in four days of running. (This week it's 20 miles and the longest single run is 7 miles.) After weights, I went to the hot tub which I use as my "reward" for a workout since I'm not rewarding myself with wontons and egg drop soup like I'd also do.

I always try to weigh myself after the long run, which was a pretty positive result after the 7 miler in the cold and ice. I decided, for some reason, to weight myself again today and I was literally 3.5 pounds heavier. Please explain. It's kind of hard to actually track my weight when it goes up and down like that. (Just to clarify I didn't have a big meal yesterday and didn't eat much today either, certainly not 3.5lbs of food.) A side project of marathon training is restricting my calories slightly so the training actually makes me loose weight. I have no idea if it's working since my weight fluctuates so much every day. (Although I'm not giving up on this calorie counting thing just because the scale is a little crazy, or I'm crazy on it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment