3.10.09

Going Pink

Every year at this time, I turn my blog PINK for October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Why? I have no idea. One year, it just seemed like the thing to do, so I tried it. And I've just done it every year since then.

I think we need to have a marathon-awareness color. A few friends are running the Twin Cities Marathon tomorrow. I'm going to go out and cheer them on give them food and cheer them on in the morning. I'm sure this will get me even more excited to actually run the marathon. Probably by the end I'll be saying "I don't want to wait two more weeks..."

Last Sunday was the 20-mile run. It could have gone better but I think it could have gone much worse. After that run, I'm mostly working on staying calm and relaxing during the run, a strategy I employed with great success during my first half-marathon.

Tomorrow is also our annual apple-picking weekend, another one of my favorite traditions. I fear that tomorrow will involve lots of mud as it's been raining for about nineteen straight days. Maybe this year we'll be mud zombies instead of hanging from the trees like monkeys. Actually, my favorite part of apple picking is climbing the trees. Amanda and Kelly seem to make all this awesome food after apple picking, which I've never been inspired to do. (I think it's because of all the apple pie Dad made when I was growing up.) I mostly just pack them for lunch. Although this doesn't look so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment