10.7.09

Liz Trains for a Marathon: Fifteen miles is LOOONG

I ran 15 miles today. I actually legitimately ran 14 of it. The last mile I threw in a couple short walks with the runs. Surprisingly, I am still able to move.

I ran three laps on the Lunken Airport running path which is 5 miles long. The first lap was interesting because I got to watch a beautiful sunrise and saw about one person. The second lap was interesting because I was still feeling strong despite having run what for me is a long way. The third lap was pretty painful, but ultimately quite rewarding.

I'd like to thank my running companions, iPod, Nike+, Fuel Belt, and the Sour Patch Kids, especially Red.

My parents eat even less meat than I do so I knew we were going to have to go elsewhere for lunch. (Thanks to Robbin, Jenna, and Beth for teaching me to eat meat after long runs to restore my protein, thanks to Amanda for teaching me to eat Red Meat for iron.) We went to a place that would satisfy their vegetarian tendencies and my need for protein and iron: Skyline Chili. YUM.

For dinner, almost all of my aunties and uncles came. Two aunties were missing in action. Thanks to Jody and David for the Green Beans and Cucumbers. There were freaking awesome. (Did you know green beans are one of my favorite vegetables?)

It was really nice to see family, most of whom I only see at Christmas. We had all healthy food which was really nice for my uncle whose diet is pretty restricted. I think he was surprised when I saw, "we have all food that you can eat!" and was correct. It was equally hilarious to watch another uncle look at all of our Tofuit Cutie Ice Cream Sandwiches because he looked like he wanted the ice cream sandwich but was repelled by the thought of tofu. Hee hee.

In Minnesota right now, I believe several friends of mine should be at Lake Harriet, one of my favorite lakes (or was it Lake Calhoun, my least favorite lake) celebrating an exciting birthday. I'm sorry to miss it but I hope Gooster the Rooster fills in adequately in my absence.

Tomorrow, besides church, I think there will be sitting at the pool. Mom also wants to go to some health food store down town. She is excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment