19.4.09

Sunday Linkfest

  • The scariest headline ever?. Could be.

  • Ever wanted to blow up a squirrel? My family has certainly experienced this urge. I think that if anyone else tried this they'd be arrested under animal cruelty laws.

  • There's been a lot in the news recently about President Obama's decision to release memos from President Bush authorizing torture. But this is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read. Do they just want to nail the people who did the torturing and forget about the people who ordered it? Don't get me wrong, I think everyone should have known better here and allowing something to go on when you know it's wrong makes you wrong too. But I'd rather the US and the UN spent their time and resources going after the people who were elected to uphold the constitution and our agreements to the UN and pulled this crap instead. ::Steps down from soap box::

  • For Amanda legal drugs with crazy side effects. For reasons passing all human understanding, my favorite drug,Lariam didn't make the list.

  • Speaking of health care, did you know we pay a boatload more for our health care than in other developed nations and it's not really as good?. I did, but I went to school a long time to learn that.

  • And, most disturbing of all, a medical ethicist in the UK has said that those who are senile have a duty to die. Where's that soap box? The point of life, I think, is to see whatever comes along as a gift. My grandma and grandpa both had dementia in varying stages and I watched my mom take care of them for several years before they died. And that experience gave me my career. Once I heard a man with early stage dementia talk about forgetting how to do things and he said, "now I just get to let everyone care for me and love me". Dementia isn't a blessing or a curse. It's what it is. How we can we get to show love and strength in ourselves and our families unless something like dementia comes along that requires us to show all of our love and all of our strength and the best of who we are?

1 comment:

  1. For the record, www.rxlist.com includes the following paragraph in their description of the MANY side effects of Larium:

    Occasionally, more severe neuropsychiatric disorders have been reported such as: sensory and motor neuropathies (including paresthesia, tremor and ataxia), convulsions, agitation or restlessness, anxiety, depression, mood changes, panic attacks, forgetfulness, confusion, hallucinations, aggression, psychotic or paranoid reactions and encephalopathy. Rare cases of suicidal ideation and suicide have been reported though no relationship to drug administration has been confirmed.

    Yes, please, give me this drug.

    ReplyDelete