13.9.08

Pacing is the key

I ran in the Twin Cities Lung Run 5k today. Apparently, I was running at like 11:02 miles by the end. But according to my iPod, I was running at a 7:13 pace at the first mile. No wonder I was so tired. I had an "In memory of.." paper on my back for the aunt of a friend. While I was running, someone asked me if this woman (whose name I didn't even know, I only knew her nick-name) was from Cosmos (which I also couldn't identify) but once we worked out the thing I did know about the person, we could figure out that this other runner also knew this lady. Nice.

Did I mention the rain? It rained almost the entire race and most of the walk as well. I was very wet. After the run, I ran back to find Amanda and her family walking and walked part of the lake over with them. The nice thing about the lung run is there is a boatload of free stuff all the runners/walkers get. I have two new blankets, three water bottles, two things of hand sanitizer, two shirts, band aids, a digital thermometer, a deck of cards and two bags. Nice.

Then I called Mom and told her to have a happy birthday. She just had what should be considered a milestone birthday. It ends in a zero. And it wasn't 30.

After the race, Amanda and I spent the day together. We went to Maria's for yummy corn pancakes to celebrate. Amanda stocked up on baskets at Ikea, always a fun trip. Then we headed over to the mall. It was only then that we learned that there's some craft booking thing there today so it was a lot of suburban white women standing in line to do these little crafts. Amanda needed to get her watch fixed and I wanted to look at the new iPods. Is it wrong that I want an iPod touch so badly? It would totally get one if it could sync with GroupWise. They should work on that. (Syncing through GCal is not acceptable because I have private information on my calendar.) The new nanos are really cool. I'm thinking about getting one and loading some movies onto it for the plane rides I'm about to go on. I also got some nice earrings at Clare's. (Really, the only place to buy earrings if you have sensitive ears.)

Then I spent the evening sorting out my ear rings and necklaces. I gave a lot of old necklaces away to good will. Most of them are more like play jewlery for little kids. The jewlery box was also fairly gross so I cleaned it. Does anyone have a better way to store earrings and necklaces? Discuss..

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Congrats on your 5K Lizzie Liz! 7:13 is an extremely fast pace, it makes sense that you would be exhausted after that. I'm doing a 5K in 2 weeks as well to prep for my 10K in October.
    As for storing jewelry -- I have always had issues with storing necklaces and earrings because they become one big tangled mess. I find that if you use a jewelry tree and hang the necklaces and earrings on it, everything is much more organized. You can get a great one (albiet expensive) at pottery barn. I'm sure you can find cheaper ones around as well if you search online.

    ReplyDelete