21.8.08

It was a marriage proposal or a proposition

I was sitting in the hotel eating breakfast and there was this other guy there (I assumed he was Indian based on appearance). Later I see this same guy in the hallway on the way to my conference room. And he started talking to me. And he asked where I was from and we talked about what I did and what he does. And then he said "are you single" and I said yes. He said "so am I" and then he said "are you interested?"
...
(In what?)

I said no and went to my conference.

Based on some information I have about the culture of relationships in India I felt like this was closer to a marriage proposal buy my mom and her cousin thought it was an offer for a one-night stand (at 8am when we both had another place to be).

No comments:

Post a Comment