16.5.08

Day 14

Today, as part of my giving I:

  • Gave away an ink pen. It wasn't the nice one but still..

  • Put a small donation into a Tzedakah box at work, which doesn't really count because someone gave me a stamp and told me to put the money there instead of giving it to her

  • Started a new Goodwill bag. Current in the bag are: parts of a door handle, one "S" hook, and a pair of pants. What else will go into the bag? Hopefully I'll remember to put the mirror in there, as well as an old pair of sandals I found about two seconds after the last trip to good will.

  • Called a friend the second I found out she got thrown off her horse the other day. No, seriously. She spend the night in the hospital. Now she is on pain meds and doing great. Well, the pain meds are great. Also, she doesn't need help walking her dog, I asked.

  • Offered to work tomorrow night but was super relieved when I didn't have to.



And now, I will give you my responses to The Friday Five

What's your favourite TV network? It seems as though the only network I watch is the Style Network. I am a Clean House junkie, and my new favorite show is Clean House Comes Clean. Other than that, I like The Dog Whisperer on National Geographic and I sorely miss Comedy Central for the Daily Show and the Colbert Report.
If you could create your own channel, what would it be? LizTV. Really, I like the home and cooking and makeover channels. That wedding stuff isn't too interesting to me, where you have like two days to plan a wedding for a million people and the bride always freaks out. I'm not at that place in my life yet.
What TV show did you watch as a child, that you wish they would bring back? The Smurfs were always my favorite.
What show have you always hated, and wonder why they ever made such a dumb show? I will now confess that I totally don't understand The Family Guy. I think it's stupid and I can't get into it. I'm also bothered by the talking dog and the little baby who is a snob about everything except wearing a diaper. I'll go watch paint dry instead of that show.
What TV show's seasons would you buy on DVD? None of these should come as a surprise. In my home as actual DVDs that I purchased from a store (because the show came out before I had a DVDR) are The West Wing. I still need season 7 if you need a birthday gift for me, and Dr. Quinn. I am not ashamed. Shows where complete season of the show exist in some form or another are: Sports Night, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip which was a winner and met the same sad fate as Sports Night, and Men In Trees which I just learned was cancelled when I googled the show to get this link. I'll have to go back to that story in a moment. Why do all the shows I like get cancelled?

No comments:

Post a Comment