6.3.08

There are no words for my joy

Yesterday was Wednesday and I was wildly busy. I went to work. After work I knew I had to go to the Restorative Justice Council and have eaten by the time I got there. So I went to the Mercado and get tamales. Yum. And the volunteered.

I knew my kitchen would be more ready for me to cook in it so I went to the co-op. And they had Passion Fruit! I was almost speechless. Don't know what a passion fruit is or what it looks like? I've included pictures.



Oh, they were so good. I sat down and ate like four of them. They're really expensive too. But yummy. The seeds are edible. I just eat it with a spoon. If you're interested in trying your own, passion fruit goes great in fruit salads, mango salsas and marinades. And, to cap my day off, Men in Trees was on (which is good to begin with) and it was a new episode.

I had a less wild but still eventful day today. Bright and early I went to the eye doctor (a new one because I changed insurance) to get a new contact prescription. And the dilated my eyes. Sucks. She sent me off right away after that too. Driving to work was fine but trying to read my messages once I got there was hilarious.

Work was good. I went to Noodles and Co for lunch. I know, but I didn't get to actually cook last night, I just bought the food. I had their pan fried Japanese... something. They have broccoli which Amanda would like and mushrooms which I love. And their noodles. And they have the word fried in the name. What other information is needed here?

After work I went to the Y and ran which I haven't done in a while. I did the run one lap walk half lap deal. That got hard after 45 minutes. I think I get done with work early tomorrow so maybe I'll make it back to the Y before I go to that other job this week. Yeah, maybe not.

I came home and cooked Pad Thai (what else) as the first meal on the new stove. I thought my stove was just making weird smells (like a new stove thing or something). Turns out I'm just an idiot. I forgot to put water in the bottom of the pan to steam the broccoli so I just had a steaming basket and broccoli on a burner. Woops. It turned out fine in the end. Nothing got burned to a crisp (although there was that potential).

I have a couple more photos of the kitchen progress. I think the whole "Lizzie buys lights" fiasco happened during that time I wasn't really blogging. Here's how it went. I went to Home Depot to check out their selection of track lights. I did amazingly well (in even going to home depot) at not freaking out or feeling overwhelmed. I got to the lighting aisle and started looking at my choices. There were many. And I kept looking. I thought carefully about the pros and cons of each light, the brightness of the light, how it would look, if it can be aimed, and so on. And I kept standing there looking at the lights. Then I had to think of the number of fixtures I wanted on the track. There was one thing I really liked but they only had three fixtures in stock. And then I stood there and looked some more. By this point, at least 20 minutes had passed. Of just standing and looking. Eventually I called Amanda and she had some brief but quite helpful input that led me to select the fixtures pictured. (I refer to them as "Amanda's lights.) I really like them. They fit in nicely. I'm also happy I had a professional do the installation because it involved cutting the wire (which was about 3 feet long to begin with) before installing the fixture.





Since you've made it past all the pictures, let me suggest some other things for you to check out today:
What I hope to be doing at 101. My favorite part is that he came back from retirement. Two years of retirement. Do the math. Hilarious.
Boys and Girls Really Do Think Differently. Especially useful when fighting with your husband thinking about teaching the future generations of America as Kelly will.
That bar in Maplewood made it into Time Magazine. I'm not sure if Time's standards or slipping or if the idea is really that clever.
Chairs that Kelly should consider buying when she moves into her new house. Not. (Sorry, I know the old one isn't even on the market. I'm choosing to plan ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment