4.3.08

All the fun stuff I've read

All the fun stuff I've read that I couldn't share because I was typing on Amanda's computer (that didn't have my bookmarks).

Usually when we get together on Tuesday nights, we order out. I want to suggest that at least once, we try cooking these. Yum.

The worst ice storm ever. Brrr.

What life will be like in 100 years (from 1900). Some of these are way off base (no exposed food) or so far fetched they're sad (we'll all walk 10 miles a day) but some of them are pretty accurate, even if they are described in 1900's language.

10 videos for Amanda (because she loves chemistry). I haven't watched them, but the title reminded me of Amanda and there's fire so we should all be entertained.

Is it sad that this actually makes sense to me?

Great look at nursing home staffing. Let me tell you, I hear about the good and bad places too.

The consumerist wanted to know about the really bad companies in the US. Turns out people had such strong feelings (mostly about Comcast and AT&T) that they broke that first site. Here's take two. Most people were sad they could only blast comcast once. Comcast hasn't pissed me off to that degree yet. Two companies with a reputation for poor customer service (AOL and Circuit City) aren't even on the list. I'm also surprised Apple is so high. They tend to have really good customer service in my experience. Also, "Hallmark / Westland Meat Packing Co"? Huh?

Just so everyone knows, Mark did call me. He's getting married (congratulations) and it's not clear if I'm going to be there for that. That makes me really sad. But it sounds like there will be a second wedding (after his fiance gets the first marriage annulled?) and that's the bigger deal to Mark, so maybe I'll just try to be there for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment