12.12.07

Sometimes, it's just too much work to write

So, I've been away from the blog lately. I think my level of energy is directly correlated to the amount of sunlight I am exposed to. My current level of energy is similar to the heat given off from an ice cube. It's been that way for quite some time. Maybe I should start taking those multivitamins again.

What have I been up to lately?

Friday Night: I went out with Other-Liz to the Highland Grill and then we saw Enchanted which was quite good. At one point I couldn't decide how I wanted the story to end. Plus McDreamy. Yum.

Saturday: Amanda tried to wake me up at the crack of dawn. You know that didn't work. I went over to her house and helped her hang eighteen of those little $2.00 Ikea mirrors in a 6x3 grid. Have I ever mentioned the OCD? In this particular situation, it was Amanda and not me who had the OCD. I was fine. And I get a fiendish delight thinking about going over to her house and knocking the mirrors off center. After (or maybe it was before?) the mirrors we had lunch and bought alcohol for the party later that night. Once we had the nails in the wall for the mirrors, we broke out some of the alcohol. I had fun thinking about hanging those mirrors drunk. They certainly would have been in a straight line then.

To my credit, I stayed at the party the whole time. Even though Kelly and I sat in a corner and ignored people for a while. Introvert. It was nice to see Kelly and a few of the other people at Amanda's party. And drink. And eat cheese cake. Yum. Although, by the end of the night, I was beat.

Sunday: I have no memory of Sunday. I swear I did something though. Is that what happens to memory when we get old?

Monday: I did make it to the gym on Monday.
Tuesday: Work nearly killed me on Tuesday.
Wednesday: As a result of too much work yesterday, and last week, I came in late to work today. Very nice. And I left early because we had a staff party. Where I won a party game to see who knew how to say "hello" in the most languages. The word was written down in 20 different languages and I got 13 including Japanese, Czech (lucky guess), Portuguese and Swahili. Go me.

I also got to talk to both Kelly (congratulations on completing your exams) and Amanda tonight. Amanda was having a slightly rough night owing to an incident with black ice earlier in the day. I could empathize due to an odd experience I had at the gym. I ran into a kid I knew from the Science Museum under strange circumstances. It was good to see the kid even though I didn't get to talk with her long. And I went shopping on Amazon. I'm beginning to see the value of that site.

No comments:

Post a Comment