30.12.07

Clearly my decision has been made

And that decision is: do not return to a normal sleep schedule just yet. There's all of 2008 to sleep like a normal human being. The whole rest of my body is so out of whack right now, might as well sleep at odd times too.

Things I've recently learned about myself: Cincinnati gives me sinus infections. No. Seriously. I went through this spell a couple years ago of getting sinus infections every time the wind blew. And then I didn't get one for like a whole year. And then I went home for Thanksgiving and got one so bad it lasted for two weeks. Then I felt better and flew home for Christmas. The first morning I woke up in Cincinnati I knew I was in trouble. This time I treated it much more aggressively with a combination of fluids, humidifiers and nasal spray. (Yum.)

I went to work on Friday and was so worn out from my two day work week that I spent most of Saturday on the couch, and a good portion of that time sleeping. Today I was much more productive. I cleaned my whole apartment. Although for some reason I always stop shy of vacuuming and scrubbing the tub. It's ok. I shower. I cooked banana corn fritters because the bananas were calling for my attention. And I went to the Y for visit number eight. I didn't stay long at the Y though. For a reason, I'd like to reference my comment about my body being out of whack.

I'm getting more and more excited about my new kitchen. The flip side of that is that I'm not taking such good care of the one I already have. Is it possible my oven stopped working? I don't think so because the stove top still works. But I tried to turn it on and it wasn't getting warm. Maybe I shouldn't put it on Ebay. Speaking of, Kelly, what do you know about putting large items (Read: Oven and matching hood) on Ebay? I am not willing to ship them. At all.

Update on Einstein's Logic Puzzle: I've now thought about it long enough that I know how to set up the grid to solve the problem. Unfortunately I lost some of my earlier momentum and haven't actually set up said grid.

Kelly, this Dilbert reminds me of you, especially the part where you can put your feet up on the opposite wall of your cube because it's really smaller than the union will allow. Woops.

Obviously this issue came up in all of my throwing stuff away at home. Mom had an old printer. I can't believe how much stuff I have right now that I don't know how to throw away. My two main things are paint and laptop batteries. Extra info on the laptop batteries, you can no longer put them in your checked luggage. I know, that's a switch. They have to come on the plane with you. That way, if it ignites, at least you'll be able to get to it quicker.

Too true news about online dating. I concur. Although, its worked for some people. I can think of three couples I know who got married to a person they met online. I think I'm going to just enjoy being single and doing whatever I want for a while. When it's time for me to do something new, I'll know it. I always do.

Speaking of being single, I am finding myself without plans on New Years Eve. I've never actually been up here for New Year's. Usually I'm driving home on the first. Are the liquor stores open on the 31st. It seems like some beer would be a nice way to celebrate. I've been flexing the no alcohol rule lately. No one knows what got into me. Buying kitchen appliances might also be a lovely way to celebrate. Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. My advice on old appliances would be craigslist, not eBay. And insist that the person come and pick it up themselves. If you don't want the $ for it, you could also do twincitiesfreemarket.com or the free section of craigslist.

    I thought you had to work New Year's Eve! I think liquor stores are open, though we stocked up on Saturday. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete