25.12.07

And to all a good night (with Venezuelan rum)

Merry Christmas. This year was fun. We woke up and cooked (well, I helped a little, after I went back to sleep) and then my uncle and cousin came over. Jimmy left and I taught my parents and uncle how to play Euchre. Mom was really good at it and Dad was ok. Uncle Jerry was clearly not used to playing cards.

After Uncle Jerry left, we finally opened our presents. I got a really nice shirt that's totally comfy but I'm not sure when I'll ever wear it (and I'm feeling guilty about that). It's a really warm shirt and it's too icy to run outside right now. What other strenuous work can I do outside? Anyone need me to chop a tree down?

I got some other nice things including sheets for my bed. They match the color of my walls. They're really nice sheets. I can't wait to decorate my bedroom. I got the obligatory clothing as well (read: bras and socks) and some gift certificates.

At the family party I also got what is known as "Grandpa's napping blanket" which Gramma would cover him with when he took a nap. I found out that my mom made that for him. It must be a blessed blanket because nothing else would have made all of my things fit in my bag.

I actually had so much stuff that I had to pack my bag tonight to make sure everything would fit. A practice run so to speak. There are socks stuck in every single space in that bag including inside the shoes and in the little gaps in the corners. It's a good thing I've traveled enough to know the technique.

I don't have any real plans tomorrow to occupy my mind so it keeps racing ahead to Thursday when I have to be in New Hope at 8am to talk about cabinets and counter tops. And then I have to work a full day. I wonder exactly how tired I'll be at 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment