5.11.07

and the weekly web roundup

Remember "acting white" and then white people trying to "act black" or "act ghetto"? There's a new way to act now.

The amazing links between politics, steak and sushi. Although, now that I've told you they exist, you can probably figure out what the links are. Somehow in my mind, Texas, Republican and cow just go together. I am not ashamed.

Weird and wonderful foreign phrases. I almost navigated away from this story. And then I got to the one from Italy about "a beautiful mustachioed woman". I'm glad they have a phrase for a mustachioed woman who is pretty despite the hair on her face. And they just kept getting better after that, including "only good looking from a distance" and the "lonely old woman who devotes herself to cats" which I think should be a phrase in just about every language.

And from Randomness
1. what's your view on peanut butter?
do you like it or is it just plain gross?
Peanut butter = good. Especially the creamy kind. I almost just typed "dreamy". Dreamy is only good if it's also "hunky". Seriously, peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best combinations known to man.
2. aerobic exercising: good for you, or a tool of the devil?
Any reason it can't be both at the same time?
3. hanging out at the bookstore, is it nerdy or a fun time?
See my response to number 2
4. should your socks always match? should you wear socks at all?
I go barefoot as long as possible or sandals at work. I've tried to explain to my Minnesotan and Russian co-workers that some of my people are from Kentucky where shoes are completely optional. I've also tried to explain that all the genetic code from the Kentuckians, for some reason or other, is the heaviest and so all fell into my feet. Which, like their Kentuckian predecessors, stay bare and happy as long as possible.
5. is MySpace a great invention or just plain overrated?
I've never used it. Never used facebook either. Sorry. I'm happy with my little RSS feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment