12.11.07

All the stuff I've wanted to post lately but haven't gotten around to it

A situation eerily similar to this one that I commented on was just one of the sparks that led to the explosion I just blogged about. Maybe I'm still going to hell, just not as far down.

100 Ways to Save the Environment. How many do you do? And can you see the irony of item 29 and item 17 being on the same list? I know Amanda can because we've already had this discussion. Amanda, since you know that, please take note of item 67, and let me know what I can do to support you in that. My strength: item 96. Although that resulted from me cleaning out my pantry and discovering the true extent of my paper and plastic bag surplus.

Almost how I felt today although this is funnier.

Another fascinating article about how we think about death.

More proof that democrats eat their young. Yours too if they could. Instead, they'll just refuse to educate them.

What Goes Wrong the ADHD Brain. More good news for me. No, this actually is.

Airlines Call for a Fat Tax. As always I'm linking to the Digg page on this. The thing the diggers fail to mention is this is an Australian article and not directed at airlines in the US. I love the guy's story about paying extra for golf clubs when another passenger weighed more than all his luggage together. I think it brings up the point that the airlines could just have a weight limit. Get on the scale with the luggage. Anything over that weight limit is extra. Hee hee. Oh. I can just see it now. Give the two-year-old two 150lb suit cases. Hee hee. She'd still be under the weight limit. Ok, maybe that's not the best plan. Hee hee. I crack myself up sometimes.

While I was writing and earlier post, I typed the word "patheticness" which Firefox did not appreciate. So I googled it to see if I spelled it right or if I had added a word to the English language. That search came back inconclusive. But it did turn up the website iWorkWithFools.com. Oh dear.

Also, Kelly, your blog is red. I was really surprised when I opened your blog to see the color of my curtains. I thought, "I would blame that on Amanda if I thought she knew how to change Kelly's blog theme". I'll be rooting for you during the statewide conference this week. Hope it goes well.

And finally tonight, I got a few pictures printed. Some were to a cousin's kid because it's his birthday soon or something. I have to mail those tomorrow. And some were 8x10s for my own purposes. And the 8x10s turned out really good. I wish I was at the point in my decorating that I could hang things up in my room. I'm still waiting for the wall to be all torn out and put back together. I guess I could just practice.

Also, could I do something like this in the walls in my entry way? Mostly I'm thinking about the wall between my living room and hallway. The one that's not very big and the table is on the other side of it. Incidentally, that's the one that looks only slightly better than in these pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I loved those shelves on ikeahacker! Definitely one of the better ideas on that site (my favorite is the hanging candle thing, followed by anything cat-related).

    ReplyDelete