24.6.07

Hello little blog

It's been a while since I've had reliable internet access and so have been unable to post. Sorry. I was at the Conference for Spirituality and Social Work. Again. It's like summer camp as my Mom says.

It was at a tiny University (hard for me to believe it's really that small) in a gorgeous suburb of Chicago. I ran around the neighborhood a couple of times, embarrassingly short distances both times. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get up and run tomorrow. Although it's a biologically inconvenient time to be running so I may not go very far anyway. I did do a couple of sprints.

I'm still eager to try out the new Nike+ for running. I haven't yet because I haven't been able to find a time to secure the little doohickey onto my shoe. I need like a little sack that I can just attach to my shoe laces. Surely someone must sell one of those. Maybe I'll look for one when I go in search of new running shoes. I still love Brooks the best.

I took the new computer with me on the trip. I was glad I had it. My mom and I watched "Music and Lyrics" which is a total chick flick but is kind of cute nonetheless. It's definitely not cool enough for a guy to really want to sit through (very few chick flicks are that good). But it's nice to watch Hugh Grant shake his money maker for 90 minutes.

I also had a nice discussion with some professors who teach a spirituality in social work class about why they have to talk about field with their students in this class. I'm alarmed that professors really have no idea what students are going through in field. (Clients ask you to pray with them?)

I'm just trying to get into the swing of things now. I need some groceries. I'm trying to persuade myself to go down to Kowalski's and get a few things to hold me over until I can do a legitimate shopping trip. I also need to do laundry. I mean I need to do laundry. Hopefully that will get done tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment