3.5.07

3X Thursday

This one seemed like it really applied to me. Especially given my Dad's recent encouragement to "paint the place and sell it" if I want to.

1. How many times have you moved in the past 5 years? Why/why haven't you?
8/2002: Cincinnati to Minneapolis
2/2004: Minneapolis to Cincinnati, Cincinnati to Malawi via Philadelphia
in Malawi: College of Forestry to family to Lilongwe
5/2004: Africa to Cincinnati, Cincinnati to Florida
6/2004: Florida to Pennsylvania via Cincinnati
8/2004: Pennsylvania to Minneapolis via Cincinnati
6/2005: Powderhorn (Minneapolis) to Bancroft (Minneapolis). Given my history, you'd think ten blocks wouldn't be that big a deal, but still...

2. Are you one of those people who thinks moving is therapeutic? (You know, a time to get rid of things you don't need, etc.) Why/why not?
Moving is not therapeutic. My friends were therapeutic during the last moving process. I do keep in mind that I will have to move one day and so try as hard as possible not to collect a lot of junk.

3. Do you prefer to move yourself, or do you hire someone to do it for you? Why/why not?
I've never had the financial means to hire movers. I really don't mind doing it myself, with friends. If I didn't have friends I could count on, I'd totally hire someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment