7.1.07

It's possible I'll make progress on the independent study

It's possible I will make progress on the Independent Study. I have made some headway today. I read two chapters and it's only 8:00, I could read more. I'd like to take a moment to recommend a freeware program I read about called Keynote which is an Outliner. I'm testing it out by keeping my notes for each chapter of the book on the system instead of on paper. Please god don't let my computer crash 'till I get that backed up.

In the time I wasn't doing homework today, I watched The English Patient which I haven't quite finished. I'm saving the end 'till I can do a couple more chapters of reading. I also did laundry. In doing laundry I realized I needed to clean out both my clothes closet and my linens closet. Luckily I'd just read this post from Lifehacker about how to store sheets effectively. I also discovered lots of old clothes that I hadn't worn for a while, which brings me to my picture:


Why do I have a picture of me wearing a pair of pants? 'Cause I was so surprised they fit I had to take a picture.

I also had time to poke around the web, mostly I found memes but a couple stories as well.
1. The Question of the Day: What is your favorite ice cream topping?
Graeter's doesn't need toppings.
2. From Slashdot, Even the New York Times likes Firefox better than Microsoft. It doesn't really say that, I'm reading in between the lines.
3. From Randomness If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
I think for now I'll have to say social worker. Secretly I've always wanted to be a rock star. When I say rock star, I mean "famous musician", I'm more interested in playing music for lots of people than the fame thing. (Obviously I'd be ok with the fortune part.)
4. From The Sunday Seven:Name your seven favorite television series finales.
Someone else said M*A*S*H which I agree with. I love the Friends finale and the Frasier finale. The Seinfeld episode was good. I also liked the NYPD Blue finale. I'm deliberately not putting The West Wing on here because while that show obviously has a special place in my heart the finale sucked rocks. Anyone else? I have two spots left. Wanna take 'em?
1. Incomplete ::Grade
2. Bobby ::Kennedy
3. Chopstick ::Kao, don't ask
4. Trauma ::ER
5. Hesitate ::uhhhh
6. Leap ::of faith
7. Magnify ::Magnifying glass
8. Yards ::grass
9. Alexander ::The Great
10. Fracture ::broken bone
These are really hard because when I see the words I get images in my head more than words, so what I write is usually a description of the image, except for Alexander the Great.

6. Finally, from Wordbeads, the challenge is to use the following words in a sentence, paragraph or story. This is my first try.
Hen, Reboot, Sequence, Sat, Raw

I've been rubbing my face raw with frustration. I sat in this same exact chair for 20 hours now trying to get my computer to reboot properly. The only break I've had from computer troubles all weekend was seeing my friend Hen and playing our favorite game, Sequence.

I'm not sure if the rules say I have to use the words exactly how they're defined. I really do have a friend whose nickname is Hen. Somehow I don't think that's the "Hen" Wordbead meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment