9.10.16

TC 10 Mile - 2 Weeks to Go and 1 Week to Go

Two weeks to go 
Two weeks to go started with a bad run and the panic attack from hell. Which caused me to do only heart rate based work outs and abandon all else.  Plus, I feel much better for surviving the panic attack.  And when I get done with this damn race training, I want to do all the fun things including all the classes I haven't been to in forever.  ::Phew::


Sunday
Plan: Long Run
Actual: Run 10.15 miles and I don't want to talk about it.  Walk/run 3.3 miles with a friend.  Foam roll and stretch.

Monday
Plan: Run 1 mile, elliptical the rest
Actual: 4.15 miles run outside on my favorite route.  Pity party from yesterday is over.  Today helped me remember that I like to run, and running should only be used to make myself feel good.

Tuesday
Plan: Low heart rate run, elliptical.  Lift weights?  We'll see if I've recovered from Sunday
Actual: 2.3 miles on the treadmill, Avg HR 129 (this was a good run), and then 60 mins on the elliptical.  For many reasons I opted to skip weight lifting.  The one I'll share on here is that the TRX frame is now caught in a construction zone at the gym, and it would've annoyed now.

Wednesday
Plan: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.2 miles run, very early in the morning.  Very early.

Thursday
Plan: 1 mile run, elliptical the rest this can be switched with Saturday if I want
Actual: 5.75 miles run, Avg HR 136.  Bonus spin class for 20 mins or so. 

Friday
Plan: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.21 miles.  Avg HR 126.  For such a low heart rate this was a very fast run.  Mildly encouraged.

Saturday
Plan: Low heart rate run, no more speed.  Maybe Zumba?
Actual: 4.15 miles run and some walking and taking pictures around Lake Hiawatha.  No Zumba.






One week to go
Sunday
Plan: Long Run at Ft Snelling
Actual: No long run.  I woke up not feeling it and thought to myself, "why would I do this when I feel like crap?  Rest will be better"   Instead I ran 2.55 miles to get Ice Cream and then walked 1.5 miles home.

Monday
Plan: 1 mile run, elliptical the rest
Actual: 5 mile run.  It's a gorgeous day and I was not going inside to an elliptical.  I did feel mildly guilty for not doing yesterday's last long run.

Tuesday
Plan: Low heart rate run or 1 mile run and elliptical
Actual: 1.20 miles run, low heart rate.  No elliptical. 

Wednesday
Plan: 1-4 miles run, or 1 mile run and elliptical
Actual: 4.2 miles run with a friend. 

Thursday
Plan: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.2 miles run

Friday
Plan: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.2 miles run, stretching


Saturday
Plan: 1 mile run, cheer for friends in the 5K
Actual: 1.2 miles run, stretching, yoga.  Cheering for all of my friends.  Then I spent the rest of the day watching IM Kona.

No comments:

Post a Comment