28.2.16

10 Miles of Suck

Sometimes runs are excellent. Sometimes, they suck rocks.  Today was one of those days.  My heart rate went up to 140 walking up the hill in my warm up, and I pretty much knew I was screwed.

Goals for the run: 10 miles.  This was a particularly weird workout because I did not eat.  I had food with me, I just wasn't hungry.  I have no explanation.

Route: This is a new one.  I'd run the first 8 miles of this route, when I'd do a long run and wind up at the gym.  The last two miles wind through the neighborhood and are somewhat downhill.  I'm surprised I liked this route as much as I did.  Possibly the only thing I didn't hate about today. 


Execution: So full of suck.  My heart rate was all over the place.  It was high warming up which always spells trouble.  And then my watch wasn't charged so it started giving me a low battery signal around mile two (still worked for 6 more miles).  Around mile 3 I stopped looking at the watch and just ran.  It was mildly less frustrating but it still sucked.  As seen by the heart rate graphs below.


Bonus: I think I found a new running route.

No comments:

Post a Comment