14.10.13

Mom's Banana Bread

Since I was doing nothing on Friday, I decided I wanted to make some banana bread, in advance of Cleanse Week.  More on that later.  I had a minor panic attack when I went to look for the recipe and couldn't find it.  I even swore at one point that I'd taken pictures of the recipe because the recipe card is so well used I imagine it will disintegrate in my hands at any moment.  It took me a while to realize the recipe had fallen out of the back of the drawer into the space below.  Phew!  But now I really am photographing it and writing a blog post so if I ever lose it in the future, I have a backup. 

Mom can make this the most moist and awesome thing ever.  Even with wholewheat flower and no sugar.  It's the honey and the applesauce that does it.  No joke.  Also, isn't Mom's handwriting awesome?

Ingredients:
1 C Mashed bananas (3 medium bananas)
1/3 C Oil or 1/3 C Applesauce
1/2 C Honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 C whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
1/4 C hot water
1/2 C chopped nuts (walnuts are good)

Mom's directions say:
Beat Oil and Honey
Add eggs
Stir in bananas
Add dry ingredients mixing with hot water
Stir until smooth
Bake in a greased 9x5x3 pan at 325* for 55-60 minutes
Cool on a wire rack

Liz says:
Put all ingredients except nuts in a food processor.
Turn on the food processor, mix until smooth.
Add nuts and stir.  I almost always leave nuts out because I forget to buy them.
Bake in a greased 9x5x3 pan at 325* for 55-60 minutes
Cool on a wire rack


No comments:

Post a Comment