10.1.10

Weekend Photos Rounup and Linkfest

Saturday - I went to Target after not seeing people, which I think I've already mentioned was a mistake. They are selling swim suits at Target. There's a -4* wind chill. It's Minnesota. In January. I didn't do much else on Saturday. I thought about exercise but I decided against the idea. For those who are interested, I also used my sick time to re-watch several Star Trek related things. I watched some of my favorite episodes of The Next Generation, which is the cast and stories I grew up on, learned about Deep Space 9 which is interesting so far, and watched several of my favorite movies included "the one with the whales" (comic genius); this one, and the last one with the cast from TNG. I am not ashamed to love Star Trek.
This is the other thing I did on Saturday:


Sunday - I was much more productive after getting out of bed at 1030. (I know, you'd think I'd be tired of sleeping after doing almost nothing else for the last 3 days.) This morning I watched an episode of DS 9, then went for a run at my running spot, 3.1 miles today. The run was rough, I think because I didn't exercise most of the week and it was cold out. I tried to explain to Kelly and Amanda and Eric how much air I have to suck down when I go for a run in the winter. It's like all I suck in is cold and not actual oxygen so I have to double and triple my efforts. All I breath in fills my insides, not just my lungs. I can't explain it. All the other winter runners know of what I speak. After I'm done I don't really want food because I've sucked down too much air.
I was going to go to the gym but then I discovered the UnderArmour running pants Mom got me for Christmas. I decided they deserved to be worn. And they are great.
Here's some of my running gear. Big thanks to Mark for the gloves and to Amanda, Kelly and Eric for the Nike+ system.

After the run I went to Kowalski's which happily had Brussels Sprouts. I headed home and roasted said sprouts while I warmed up from running around the lake.

Then I took my dish and Christmas presents (which were really just cards for the magazine subscriptions that are the actual gift) over to my Pooky Bear's house. Amanda was there too and we did our usual Christmas-in-January. Kelly made shrimp scampi and Amanda made a Chocolate Mousse (Kelly said to tell Eric it was pudding so he'd eat it). All of them were YUM.

Sadly my stomach is trying to kill me right now, it was trying to kill me before other people cooked me food too. I'm trying to decide if it's goat cheese, eggs, the soda I had after I ran (not my brightest move), the fruit juice (I haven't actually had much at all today) or something else. It's the opposite of fun but I'm sure it'll work itself out by tomorrow.

While I wasn't watching Star Trek, I did have time to play on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment