5.8.09

Liz Trains for a Marathon: Liz runs for a loooong time

I don't know exactly how far it was that I meant to go this morning when I left the house. But I'm fairly sure 17 wasn't the number I had picked out. Through some very poor math however, that's about what I wound up doing. Oops.

It took me about four hours. Don't worry, the last time I ran 15 miles, it took me three hours. There were more stops and more hills on this route, plus I walked a little more. I couldn't figure out why I was so tired at the end. (Could've been because I went a few miles further than I meant to.) I ran this morning instead of Saturday because I was already going in to work late so I had the time. Plus it's going to be 90* on Saturday. I fear the heat.

Another awesome thing that happened today is I saw my friend Kao who's been teaching English in Japan the past two years. It was so nice to see her. I love having friends where I can just pick up with them right where I left off and it's not weird that we haven't seen each other for a long time. We had Chipotle which is a bit of a joke between the two of us because when I worked with her, I think I had Chipotle every freakin day.

As with most days after a long run, my day has mainly been about food. After lunch with Kao, it was on to a company picnic (much more pleasant than it sounds), also with awesome food. I love working in a place with such good cooks. I benefit highly from it. Even though I'd had a burrito like three hours earlier, I had plenty of room for the friend chicken and noodle salad.

After the picnic I had to run a group for work, but it turned out no one showed up. Now I'm at home, the first real opportunity I've had all day to put my feet up and it feels great. Oh, hey, I think I'm hungry again...

No comments:

Post a Comment