18.2.17

Flying Pig 2017 12 Weeks to Go

Sunday
Planned: Long Run or second longest run (do the opposite on Monday)
Actual: 1.21 miles run, while recovering from a wicked allergy attack and a Benadryl hangover.  This is going to be a messed up week of training, btw.

Monday
Planned: Long run or second longest run (the opposite from Sunday)
Actual: "Second longest run" is today.  7.06 miles around Lake Nokomis.  Turns out, this is also the tempo run of the week.  I'm sorry for how confusing this week will be.

Tuesday
Planned: Speed work, Lift weights
Actual: Speed work was w/u, 9 sets of 1:00 hard, 1:30 easy, c/d.  I did this at Lake Nokomis in 22mph winds.  I think it was windier than this tempo run.  Both were pretty rough.  And yes, when I get done here I'm totally going to compare this workout to the splits from last Saturday to see if I'm getting faster.  TRX/Kettlebell class for weights.



Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 5.25 miles on Victory Memorial Parkway.  This was my other "second longest run" and this was not a tempo heart rate run.  This is my favorite run I've done in a while.

Thursday
Planned: Tempo run (148-160bpm), Lift weights
Actual: Long run.  No weights. I'm sorry for how confusing this week is.

Friday:
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.21 miles run, in the sunshine.  I woke up with a horrible headache and have had sudafed on board all day.  I'd been thinking to make up weight lifting from yesterday but no.  Just no.

Saturday
Planned: Speed work , Lift weights
Actual: Easy 3.3 miles on a flooded Greenway.  Lift weights. I was really not sure I was going to get through the weights.


To recap - I totally missed weight lifting on Thursday.  I changed "speed work Saturday" to "just please run"  I've had sinus issues, headache issues, and felt not so great for various parts of this week.  I'm loving the warm weather, but it is totally wreaking havoc with my nose and face.


No comments:

Post a Comment