3.9.16

TC 10 Mile - 6 Weeks to go

This is what training while not having good mental health looks like.

Sunday
Planned: Long Run Hill Run
Actual: 5.25 miles of my creek/48/46/44th hill run route.  At 4:48am.  I swapped long run and hill run days this week, so that I could cram in the State Fair on Sunday.

Monday
Planned: Hill Run Long Run
Actual: 11.32 miles, interval run.  No one is more surprised this actually happened than me.

Tuesday
Planned: Low HR run, lift weights
Actual: 1.20 miles.  I felt like crap.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 5.2 miles.  15 mins kettle bells.  This doesn't totally make up for yesterday, but it is a step  in the right direction.  PS - I've accepted what kind of person I am and set my alarm for a late wake up call. That 8-10 miles is happening in the afternoon tomorrow.

Thursday
Planned: 8-10 miles
Actual: 4.1 miles at the end of the day, and it was a miracle that I got that far.  Go ahead, ask me how I'm doing.

Friday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.23 miles.  Bonus walk around Palmer Lake with a friend.

Saturday
Planned: W/u; Constant speed 20mins, 5 mins recover; 15 mins, 4 mins recover; 10 mins; c/d
Actual:
  • 20 mins at 11:09 pace 
  • 15 mins at 11:07 pace
  • 10 mins at 11:56 pace. 
I was happy with the first two efforts and exhausted by the last effort which involved a fairly big hill.  I did the run much more by effort than by pace.  I was glad I didn't go out too hard, but also having second thoughts about my goal race pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment