13.9.16

TC 10 Mile - 5 Weeks to Go

Sunday
Planned: Long Run
Actual: 10.91 mile run, Celebrating Franklin Ave Bridge and W River Parkway finally being done with construction.  20 mins kettle bells.  10 mins stretching.  I wanted a run just a bit longer than this route.  Since mileage was a little less, I went a bit harder with the weights.

Monday
Planned: Hills or trails
Actual: 6.61 miles, 50th/Lyndale route.  There were a lot of people out today, biking with kids and walking dogs.  I was glad for the parts of this route that were nowhere near the creek and therefore way less crowded.

Tuesday
Planned: Low heart rate run, lift weights  (am now realizing this has to happen in the morning because I have family coming into town in the evening)
Actual: 2.35 miles treadmill run.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 5.11 miles low heart rate run, Avg HR 138.  28 mins body weight finisher.  Tuesday and Wednesday got flip flopped this week.  I couldn't go to the gym this morning (where the actual weights are), so I did something else.
4X 15 push ups, 15 calf raises each leg, 25 squats, 25 single leg dead lifts each leg; then walking leg raises, walking bicycles, and that twisty motion that I don't have a name for.  The 4 sets of the first stuff was awful.  Never again do I want to do 25 single leg dead lifts per leg 4 times through.  That was forever long.
Update from days later: 4x25 single led dead lifts/leg is too high volume, even without weights.  My ham strings were shot for several days. 

Thursday
Planned: 8-10 miles
Actual: 5.75 miles (or so, GPS had an issue).  This was a hot, and not purposefully high heart rate run.  I was glad when it was over.

Friday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.24 miles in the cool morning weather.  Excellent.

Saturday
Planned: Pick speed work or do an easy run
Actual: 4.15 miles easy. It was cool enough I wanted to run, but I was exhausted and didn't feel like speed work.

No comments:

Post a Comment