27.9.16

Cooking Monday

Productivity Monday turned into just "Cooking Monday" because I have so much stuff from the CSA boxes.

Pepitas.  I haven't finished this one, because the seeds will have to dry out over night.  This page had the best explanation for how to get the gunk and the seeds separated.

Cilantro Chutney is one of my favorite sides of all time when I get Indian food.  Mine didn't turn out quite as good as it is in the restaurant, but the two jalapeño peppers I used did capture the spicy quite well.

Thai Pumpkin Soup.  I really used this recipe as inspiration instead of following it to the letter.  I had 2 spaghetti squash and 2 acorn squash instead of pumpkin.  I had yellow curry paste instead of red.  And I had now coriander chutney instead of fresh cilantro.

Tomato Lentil Soup. Again, this recipe is inspiration, not the final story. I've made my version of this a few times.  It involves the tomatoes from the CSA box, onions, red lentils, coconut milk and an immersion blender.

PS - the dishes are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment