20.9.16

Best Running Advice

Tuesday's on The Run topic really struck a chord with me this time.

What's the best running advice you ever received?
"Don't ever let anyone make you feel like a half marathon is half a race"  

In running there's such a thing of "oh, you just ran a half, when are you going to train for a full marathon" as if the effort to get in race shape for a half marathon is somehow half as meaningful, or half as much work as training for a 26.2 mile course.  For shame!

I often quoted this to my friend when we were practicing for a walking half marathon.  I kept telling her people are going to ask her when she'll be ready to do a full marathon.  My advise was to smack anyone who ever said that to her.  To my knowledge she hasn't had to crack any heads yet, but I'm sure the day is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment