14.10.14

Happy Two Years! - I am so lucky because I get to run everywhere!

Today, the running streak hit two years.  (Started October 14, 2012.)  Here's how I was feeling after one year.

This morning, I had the worst headache I've had in living memory.  So at 6am I took some really strong medicines and went to sleep for a few more hours.  I left the house around 1030 for a short run that ended at my local coffee shop.  I got myself a latte and a cookie to celebrate two years of running without missing a day!

I got a little misty when my phone informed me I'd run my mile this morning.  Here's what I was thinking about:
  • Running every day helps keep me even.  I mostly mean emotionally, but there are days it literally drags me off the couch as well.
  • Running every day helps me from feeling bad about myself for missing a workout.  A 15 minute run is not nothing.
  • Running every day helps keep my appetite in control.  Even days I eat more, it's not like it used to be.
  • Running every day helps keep pain under control when I get my period.  This one is amazing to me.  The worse I hurt the sooner I get out and run.


I agree with two of my points from last year's post as well: I've never been ashamed to call a one-mile run my workout for the day. More importantly, I am so lucky becuase I get to run everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment