15.6.13

A few too many streaks going on in my life

The toll of "do this thing every day" has become clear this week.  I have a few too many 'everyday' activities.  Running I'll keep.  Keeping my house clean enough to be vacuumed once a day, well I'm surprised it's lasted this long.  Blogging daily ends June 30 so there's an end in sight for that one.

I'd planned a big mileage week for running this week and the wheels came off the wagon at the beginning of the week.  Things just never corrected themselves afterwards.  I'd planned on a long run today but ultimately turned my alarm off and when I woke up at 11am it was too hot to run outside and I had no desire to be on the track that long after the sweat-tastic workout I'd had there earlier this week.

Instead I lay on my couch and read.  All day.  I want to be clear.  I don't read books, hardly ever.  I read blog posts because they're short and have pictures.  The last time I got this into a book was Harry Potter.  (Every time a new book would come out, I'd disappear from the world for a day or two while I consumed it.)  I'm not going to tell you what I'm reading at the moment because I've been unspoiled this long and I'm enjoying finding things out for myself.  Obviously it's quite a popular book.

I did get off my ass for a whopping fifteen minutes to go out and run.  The run felt faster than a 10:19 mile, but perhaps I started off slower than I realized.  Sigh.  I think it's trying to rain, as can be seen from the sky, but it wont really rain until early tomorrow morning.  Thus ending any hope of a long run outside for tomorrow as well.  Oh well.  I still have Zumba!







No comments:

Post a Comment