23.3.13

Learned while filing my taxes

I filed my taxes last week.  Thank you IRS Free File.  I used TaxACT which is one that works with the Minnesota state returns too.

One cool thing, I think new this year, is the program offered to fill out my FAFSA for me.  I hope I never have to fill that form out again, because it means I'd be back in school.  Nonetheless, that form was a bear and I'd take any help I could get.

Second thing I learned, and slightly more aggravating is this.  Qat Lady and I apparently found a way to use our AmeriCorps education awards during like the one year they were taxable income in this state.  First they weren't income, then they were, now they're back to 'not so much'.  You must be joking.  The years I used those Education Awards, my federal refund basically covered the taxes I owed to the state.  I just timed it wrong.  Sigh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment