1.3.13

Chia seeds and diet pepsi - a review

From time to time I look at Bloggers' little metrics about my blog.  It tells me things like which posts are popular and where traffic is coming from.  It also tells me what people are searching for that leads them to my blog.  Historically things like "running songs" "running music" and "jogging music" have been popular searches and are the reason I continue to do posts about what I'm listening to while I work out.

Today I was playing around on the Blogger stats page and one of the searches that lead to my blog was "Chia Seeds" and "Diet Pepsi".  Turns out when you put it in Google like that, with the quotes, this is the second hit.  Awesome.  I'm totally curious why someone would search about chia seeds and diet pepsi together, but every scenario I come up with involves upset stomachs or worse so I'm trying to stop imagining.  Instead, here's my review.

Chia seeds - yes I totally read Born to Run but I'd seen stuff about Chia seeds in other places as well and eventually decided to try them out.  I get them in bulk from my Co op at about $10/lb.  At home I store them in tupperware or glass jars.  I add a tablespoon of seeds to a few of my favorite dishes including fruit and yogurt, oatmeal, and smoothies.  I can eat these over yogurt right before a run.  My stomach stays calm and I usually feel like I've taken rocket fuel on the run.  I don't make a point of eating them every day or before every long workout.

I just tried this Pudding recipe for the first time.  Mine came out more 'set up' than the one in the website photo.  Also I didn't have coco powder so I ground up chocolate chips and left out the sugar.  This is the most filling thing I've ever eaten in life.  We'll see how well it fuels a run.
The finished product - it's really set and holds a shape well. 

For the rest of the world, a quick internet search will reveal about ten billion other things that can be done with Chia seeds including Pancakes, salads, energy gel for runners, and anything else you want. How good does that energy gel look?

Diet pepsi - just stay away from it.  I am somewhat problematically addicted to Diet Pepsi because it is a preferred source of caffeine.  I cannot drink diet pepsi before a run.  If it doesn't upset my stomach, the caffeine will do bad things to my blood sugar levels.  (Caffeine in energy gels doesn't bother me because it's accompanied by an awesome sugar jolt.)  I just love the fizz of the diet pepsi, especially when I'm eating eggs and bacon.  Or potato chips.  Or french fries.  Or Pasta Alfredo.  Or any food with a fat or an oil basically.  It's like the greatest taste combination in the entire world which is why I cannot stop myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment