10.10.12

Post Marathon Cleanse Diet

Marathon recovery is continuing in both diet and exercise forms.  Today was the first true day of my 'cleanse' diet.  I had a goal of obeying the diet like 85% of the time, and I hit that mark easily.   My diet was:
Breakfast - eaten over several hours in the morning, one thing at a time:
  • Smoothie of peanut butter, banana, almond milk and chia seeds
  • Diet pepsi - so not part of the cleanse
  • Hard boiled egg
  • Apple with almond butter.  Almond butter may be the best substance known to man.  Where have you been?

Lunch - eaten around 1pm.  I always eat lunch later so then I have less time to work in the afternoon when I'm done.  I was more full than I thought I'd be.
  • Two lentil patties. Not quite as awesome as they were yesterday but close.  Next time I think I'll put some hummus on them.
  • Roasted sweet potatoes
  • Roasted carrots and zucchini
  • Roasted broccoli and cauliflower

Dinner - after my Team:Work run
  • Two hard boiled eggs with salt and pepper
  • Roasted potatoes
  • Collard greens with bacon.  Collards are okay, bacon is not really on the diet but it was more a seasoning in this dish than a feature meat.
  • Sauteed mushrooms with sesame seeds.

Snacks
  • Breakfast was eaten like several small snacks.  Smoothie at 7:30, diet pepsi at 9:30, egg at 10, apple and almond butter around 11.
  • Couple of Chris' chocolates which are bite sized so not too many calories
  • 3 cracker sized slices of cheese (not on the diet) and grapes (totally on the diet)


I was more full than I thought I'd be, but that was a lot of food.  Most of the food was veggies and it takes a boatload of veggies to get any measurable calories.  I had some very full plates today.

No comments:

Post a Comment