16.12.12

Weekend Workouts

The "one mile per day challenge" lives another week.  Yeah for me.  It was touch and go for a while there.  There was lots of running in poor weather, and the Yak Trax are back for another year.  When I run in the crap I try to focus on form, like swinging my arms, rather than time.  Because, obviously, how fast am I going to go?








  

Monday Run in the ice and snow, then scrape off the car.  Thank goodness for Yak Trax.
Tuesday Refer to Monday, also refer to the picture of my parking lot
Wednesday Refer to Monday
Thursday Run on the track between Circuit and Zumba classes.  I love Zumba.
Friday Run in the ice and snow.  Eventually I made it to the gym and walked around the track for an hour listening to Car Talk.
Saturday Run on the track before Zumba.  Zumba!
Sunday Finally did an actual running workout on the track.  Running, sprinting and walking for a total of five miles.  I did this workout minus the drills at the end.

 
It's amazing how running can heal my heart in so many ways.  It's been a really rough week.  (A sure sign of me being in poor mental health is when I don't blog for an entire week.  Sorry.)  The times this week I felt most like myself, or my best self, have always been running or working out.  In an unforeseen way I'm really grateful for my mile/day challenge because it's helped me heal. 

In an hilarious note, Nike+ knows me a little too well and realizes that I'm not running as much as normal.  While I appreciate that it cares, I just wan to give it the finger a little bit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment