9.12.12

Weekend Workouts - WEATHER

What a difference a week makes.  I started this week off running in shorts and 50* weather.  I ended running in six inches of snow with more falling around me all the time.  Sigh.

Monday - 1 mile in the neighborhood before work.  It was 50* and I celebrated by wearing shorts.  I think it was also 100% humidity.  Oy.

Tuesday - it was a bit cooler out, but still enough that I could work up a sweat by the end of the run.  It was super sunny, a welcome change from the day before when it was gloomy and dank out all day.


Wednesday - weather finally caught up with us. 

Thursday - I ran inside on the track in between Circuit and Zumba.

Friday - I ran in the neighborhood while my mechanics changed my oil.  I celebrated by taking one last picture of the ground without snow on it.  

Saturday - we had a little dusting of snow.  It was slicker than snot.

Sunday - I was supposed to run a 10K race.  Ultimately the City of St Paul cancelled the race; something about not being able to plow the roads, not being able to spare the police to close off the roads and the whole thing being generally unsafe.  I went for a quick spin in the neighborhood instead.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment