28.12.12

Vacation Saturday - Day 2

Saturday is the Family Steal-a-thon *ahem* Family Christmas Party. Mom always panics and freaks out about everything so I tried very hard not to be involved in the planning or execution.  I mainly lifted heavy things and carried boxes all morning, then headed home to change for the party.  The pants I'd meant to wear were unavailable due to a spill, so I got more dressed up than usual for the party.  The party was also smaller than usual, but the kids had more room to play and we all had a great time.

The party doubled as a congratulations to my Mom who is circling for a landing on her PhD (in social work).  She's got the final draft typed and about to be uploaded and then I think she is really done.  She'd already defended.


  
After the party I went out for my mandatory run.  How excited was I?  Not?  Then I headed over to the west side of town to visit Chris. As may have been evident from the [lack of] blogging, things have been rough for a little while and Chris has been a good friend through it.  He currently lives in Seattle so when the two of us are in Cincinnati seems to be the only time we see each other in person.  I stayed at his house most of the night, hanging out with him and his family.  It was a very chill evening.  I got home at 1am an was required to wrap presents.  I had to wrap all the ones for Mom and Dad, plus a couple Mom left for me to wrap for other people.  I was near zombie like by the time I went to bed.






No comments:

Post a Comment