15.10.12

Short Run Mondays

I'm so over Mondays. It's nice that I haven't actually worked one in like three weeks.  Today kicked my butt up and down.

Wake up - My alarm went off at 6am.  I tried to re-set the alarm but wound up resetting the clock.  I got out of bed at 815am for a modified workout.

Run - I thought a fun running goal for this whole workout challenge would be to run at least a mile every day of the challenge, not including marathon recovery which was already off limits.  I clocked how many laps around the block I'd need to do to make a mile (3 laps) and this morning was my first try.  After the run I did the 'workout' for the challenge too.  The run was faster than I expected, and I'm thinking it will get faster and faster over time.


Work - Let the butt kicking begin.  It was basically a nice day but super busy.  The fun didn't let up all day and there's more to be had tomorrow.  Please tell me I packed my computer.

Challenge - It was nutrition night and I was starving so I was in no mood to sit and listen to someone tell me about what food is healthy.  I'm a marathon runner.  I know this already.  Stop talking so I can go home and eat.  See - great mood.  At least I'm allowed to have starches again.

 
Mail - I'm on a little jihad against the millions of health insurers, assisted living facilities, senior communities, etc that market to my dad by mailing shit to my address.  I can't tell if the post office is on the side of good or evil in this battle because they deliver the crap.  I re-installed the "please no mail for this man, he doesn't live here" sign in my mailbox.  We'll see if that helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment