3.10.12

Crazy Day and a Good Luck Run

Today was wild.  We are in the midst of the high holidays in the Jewish calendar, otherwise known as "the month where I have a ton of days off".  This week, I had Monday and Tuesday off.  Add in that I'm not in the office on Fridays.  When I walked in today I hadn't been in the office for five days, and no one doing coverage four of them.  Nice.

I was able to get away long enough to see Rep McCollum and Senator Franken speak at a forum at Sholom campus down the street.  They mostly talked about Medicare (you know our state privatized that a long time ago right?) and social security.  They did find time to acknowledge the Voter ID Restriction amendment and the importance of Medicaid as well.  I love listening to Sen Franken speak becuase its like you can see his brain working and he's formulating his responses to these questions.

The rest of the day was me chained to my desk putting out fires.  Not literally.  Mercifully.  I think I've mentioned that from time to time I can't find people.  (Could be in a hospital?  Which one?  Oh, no, they discharged to a nursing home.  Okay.  Which one?  Where'd they go now?  Seriously?)  It was sort of like this:


Around 5pm it was time to hit the bricks with Team:Work.  Like half the team bailed.  Boo!  However, the people who showed up had a great run including my boss who nailed it.  It was a pretty day.  When I got home, Nike had a special treat for me on my iPod.  I ran over 100 miles this month!?!



  



Now I am avoiding watching the presidential debates becuase I get nervous.   It's funny really that I get nervous about President Obama (who's pretty solid and unlikely to really step in it) but I have no trouble watching the Vice Presidential Debates with VP Biden (best entertainment in the democratic party I think).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment