14.10.12

Blogger, Flickr and iPhoto - Stop It!

Blogger - that moment when you log in and Blogger is all "congratulations, you have a total of 3 page views for your 1700 posts".  WTF?  Blogger does that to me sometimes.  I know it's just a bug in the system because when I log back in it's corrected.  Still feels like a low blow.

iPhoto and Flickr - There's some pictures missing from my blog.  That's because either iPhoto or Flickr is stupid.  I think it's both.  iPhoto has this fantastic feature which automatically publishes photos to my Flickr account (which is where the photos on this blog are hosted).  iPhoto has a stupid feature that automatically deletes photos from Flickr when I delete out of iPhoto.  WTF?  That defeats the whole point of saving pictures to the web. 
Ultimately, I did a lot of internet research and found out that everyone else thinks this is stupid too.  Neither Apple nor Flickr have bothered to fix it. There's no way to give iPhoto permission to publish photos without also allowing it to delete photos from my account.  Back to the old way.  ::Sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment