20.9.12

Zumba Thursday

Last night I ran with Team:Work.  We're using the couch potato plan to train for the Dreidel Dash.  It was a pretty run along the river with a few long breaks for stop lights.  If you ask, their favorite part was the stop lights.  Really their favorite part was the big hill I make them run up.







After running I went out with a friend.  Some information was dropped on me like a bomb.  (That was unexpected.)  Even before I went to sleep I knew I'd have some energy to burn off and planned to get up early for a run today.


Run!  I guess I had a lot to sort out becuase I went for a 4-miler this morning and ran it faster than I've ever run that route.  Ever.  It was one of those runs where I was ticked and irked and had a lot to think about and did it by absolutely pounding the crap out of my legs.  It felt so good.
 Circuit Class  I'm imagining not coming to Circuit for a couple weeks while I taper.  Tapering is the best excuse in the world for all kinds of crap.  Eating more food - carboloading is an important part of the process; Not running as hard - I'm tapering; Not running as long - I'm tapering.   Today I used "I'm tapering" to get out of several jumping exercises. 

Zumba Thursday is just my favorite night of the week becuase I love Zumba.  It's such a big class, we fill up a gym that's two basketball courts big.  Mostly I go because I love the music.  Today we did a warm up to the song that's all over YouTube; I think it's in Korean, or by a Korean guy?  It was hilarious.  I guess last week the teacher told everyone to wear their shades for the warmup but I was in Cincinnati so I didn't get the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment