26.6.12

Saturday - Day 2

Like all good days, Saturday started with a run.  I found this route the night before.  The profile looked like a lot of fun, especially the down hill.  When I actually ran it, neither the up or the down was as dramatic as it looks on paper.  It was a gorgeous run.  There were two little bike/walking paths that took me along some streams and away from the roads and the last trail put me right out at the dorm.








The last day of the conference was great.  Barb said she'd found her people.  I already knew they were my people.  We had a longer break at lunch (because I did not attend the business meeting for the Society for Spirituality and Social Work) so I walked around some of the trails on campus.  There seem to be all these little streams around Thunder Bay and they are wonderful.


 

After we ended, Barb and I hit up a Thai place that was recommended to us.  I love Thai food.  Barb was nervous for anything spicy.  She was afraid it would set her mouth on fire.  She wound up trying a great veggie dish and really liked it.  We headed back to the marina for another walk, pictures, and to decompress after the conference.  It is fun but it can be intense too.  The sail boats were heading out and coming in and doing all kinds of crazy stuff.  We also enjoyed the water/art piece.  I can now walk on water!







  


     

No comments:

Post a Comment