7.5.12

10 Miles - Yes I am!

Guess who actually got up and ran this morning?
Guess who ran 10.8 miles?
And then took and ice bath.

Hell yes I am!

(It's been that kind of a day.)

I hit the road this morning just after 6am.  The sun was already up.  (Good because I didn't want reflective gear on a run this long.)  The plan was to do a solid 8 miles and then run-walk interval the rest of the route.  Why a run walk interval?  Because I believe in the 10% rule.  I also believe in the Ft Snelling trail so a compromise had to be made.


I really felt like running.  I like the run-walk intervals for long training runs but it also makes the runs take forever and I wasn't that interested this morning, which is why I only did a little bit at the end.  This run was long enough I needed to carry food and water.  The camelbak was a little too much water but I am so over wearing any water belts on my waist.  I just had a few Shot Bloks for food.  How do I know running is getting more popular?  Because I found said Shot Blocks at Target last night.  They didn't have baking soda, but they had gummy candy for runners.  (Is that a win or a fail?)




 
Here's what the speed chart looks like.  The first "valley" is a cross light at Cedar Ave.  The big slow down in the middle is when I tried to run up that damn hill at mile 5 (you know what I'm talking about) and that super big slow down at the end is another light at Cedar.

The first long run of the season was followed by the first ice bath of the season.  Suck it. I really really scream when I get into the ice tub.  I always wonder what my neighbors think.  It really hurts.

To celebrate actually doing a long run (training has been rough) I had Thai food for dinner from the place down the street from my office.  I am ready to declare it almost as good as True Thai and an acceptable alternative becuase they pick up the phone when I call in an order and they have my food ready when I come to get it.  (I'm a simple girl.)

I did also make it to Pilates.  I discovered that Pilates after running means all kinds of muscles are super tight.  Usually it's the muscles I didn't even know existed that are tight.  Hello Hip Flexors.

Now I'm entertaining myself with all manner of things before I go to bed.  I love the internets.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment