27.4.12

Hill Running - the for real version

This morning I went for a long hill run.  And I found some hills that are for real.  I didn't realize just how for reals they were until I was sucking wind to get up them.
This was pretty much how I felt about getting up this morning.  Sadly I'm entering the period where I actually have to start training for the marathon, and that meant doing a seven miler today.   I worked out a route that was actually 7.5 miles and had quite some hills.  One up-down section I'd driven but never really run.  Hills are always smaller in a car.

The profile should be pretty clear.  That up down business before and after mile 3?  Wow.  Hard.  When I was at the bottom of that hill looking up it, I was getting that "I'm afraid of heights feeling".  Oy.

I'm still recovering somewhat from the sinus infection and crap in my lungs so I did take a couple planned walk breaks and one unplanned break when I just couldn't take the hill anymore.  As always, I love that the last mile is all down hill.  That makes everything else easier.  (Oh, just go a bit further, then it's all down hill.)

It was a nice sunny day and very cool.  Perfect for running.

Me: after the run.  Still breathing.


I love Pansies.  Living in a cold climate, I have a whole new respect for them.  Those were the last thing I saw before I headed back inside.

PS - God Bless whomever left coffee in the pot for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment