12.4.12

Exercise + Chaos = Eat Steak

My day was basically a nice one, but so wild and busy.
5am I woke up and tried to make sense of the dream I was having.  Someone was trying to get away from something.  It wasn't good.
530am I showed up to run with Running Beth (who obliged my need to start at 530am when there was a rare opportunity for her to sleep in).  Beth's street looked like this:
 
645am I wound up at home and cooked an awesome protein fest for breakfast.  (This becomes relevant later in the day.)  I got ready for work and headed out.

820am I called family.  I reiterate - hug the people you love.  Call the ones who don't live near you.  (What is the deal with people not calling because they're afraid of bothering someone?)

830am Meeting number 1 starts - it was a largely entertaining meeting full of people I like.

10am The "Workshop/training" that I was leading commenced.  I'm used to a room full of people with ten side conversations going on.  The new element was that all of the conversations were in English.  Usually ninety percent of the side conversations I hear are in Russian.  Training went like this:
Source http://adamsmith.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/773470nov18.jpg


1220pm I showed up at the office for about 10 minutes.  I turned on my computer long enough to print something.  I also got to see my former clinical supervisor who was the only calm person I'd seen at work so far.

1pm Remember - Lyndale Ave bridge does not exist at the moment.  Find a different route.  I left the office and went out into the world.  Working still.

300pm I worked for another hour or so from home.  I also finally ate my lunch.  (Good thing breakfast was so filling.)  Work closed at 4pm today for the end of Passover and there was no way I was driving back to St Paul after my last visit.  Work was basically a nice day but full to the brim.   I have another training on Monday, that starts at 9am, for which I still need to create an evaluation tool and make about 100 copies.  I'll do that early Monday I think.

415pm  So totally nap time.

530pm I went to Circuit.  We did these burpees called 'side crunch burpees'.  It looked like this video except at the end of the jump, we had to wind up back in a squat.  They were quite challenging.
After Circuit, I stayed for Zumba.  After Zumba I had a remedial lesson with one of the instructors. The dance steps that are in 4/4 I'm cool with.  The steps that are in 3/4 are quite baffling.

900pm Time for a steak.  And awesome cheese from Wisconsin.  And a glass of wine.  Nice end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment