20.4.12

At least dinner was great!

I'm still working my way back to health, but feeling better every day.  Today, I mostly feel tired.

I woke up (and I use that term loosely) around 8am and had breakfast.  Shortly after that I was on the couch for my morning nap.  Best part of the weekends is waking up, having a big breakfast, and then going right back to sleep.

Around 11am my morning slumber resolved itself, although I was still sleepy and grumpy.  I headed over to the gym to make peace with the elliptical.  I went easier than I normally do and coughed quite a bit, but I lasted the entire time just fine.

Today is my one Friday per month to work.  The meeting today was less entertaining than usual.  The boss of my lead at the county thought I made a good point about something.  (Hilarious because I was just making an off the cuff comment.)  It was a fine meeting because I like everyone there.  Next time let's bring the funny a little more.  And get done earlier.

Next up was grocery shopping.  Goal 1 was to get supplies to try a lentil soup with some form of pasta (I went with Orzo) added in for some quicker to digest carbs.  Goal 2 was to get more vegetables and just see if I could eat them in the next couple of days.  I have sort of a freshness mania with my ingredients which ultimately leads to me not having a lot of fresh stuff around unless I have a plan for it.

I headed home and started on all the cooking.  Turns out Car Talk is just as entertaining while chopping vegetables as it is on the exercise bike.  I made the lentil soup first.  Lentil soup is basically all prep.  Chopping carrots.  Chopping onions.  Chopping peppers.  Measuring out the spices.  Soaking and rinsing the lentils.  As soon as that stuff hits the pot, it's all done.

Then I went on to my dinner for the evening.  I used this recipe as a jumping off point to do something totally different.  I steamed kale and green beans and then sauteed two kinds of mushrooms.  In the end I put all of that together with sesame seeds and the sauce mentioned in the original recipe.  It was a lovely side dish to the big steak I ate for dinner.

For anyone who knows what I mean, tonight was also the 19th episode of this season of Fringe.  I feel like this should have been a two part episode.  Part 1 - get everyone out of the amber.  Check.  Part 2 - actually save the world.  How do you not show me that part?

No comments:

Post a Comment